Contemplative Associates Atlantic (formerly Jubilee Associates Atlantic) statement of Who We Are, Our Contemplative Orientation and Shared Practices, adopted on November 5, 2011.
Contemplative Associates Atlantic is a community of Contemplative Pathways Program participants* committed to fostering deeper spiritual grounding for self, for community and for the world, with the vital help of a contemplative orientation and shared practices. Contemplative Associates Atlantic is rooted in the Christian contemplative way of openness and participation in God in all of life.
We recognize that living this intentional life, and accompanying others along this path, includes shared foundational practices:
- an underlying desire to be open to the presence to God throughout the day
- daily contemplative spiritual practice
- annual three-day silent retreat
- receiving regular spiritual guidance, in an individual or group setting
- ongoing reading and study in areas of contemplative spirituality and spiritual guidance
- attendance at the annual gathering
- and, for those who are offering spiritual accompaniment, formal or informal, participation in a Peer Supervision Group for as long as one practices spiritual guidance.
*Participant is defined as an individual who has completed two residences of the Atlantic Jubilee Program of Spiritual Deepening and Spiritual Guidance, now to be called Contemplative Pathways.
It is envisioned that the format of the Annual Gathering will be to alternate a longer Community Gathering with Associates one year and an abbreviated Community Gathering, in combination with a larger learning event, offered by Tatamagouche Centre, open to a broader audience, with a guest workshop leader, the following year.